Wednesday, July 18, 2012

woolly mammoth boogers . . .



"When you drink water through your trunk, does it taste like boogers?" -- Ice Age 4



. . .


If you haven't been following Rob Sanders' Picture This blog, you don't know what you're missing. This week it's all about First-Book Deals, so far we've heard from Fred Koehler and Aimee Reid.



My own book, Rabbit Surprise, had been rejected like 10 or 12 times (or maybe more), and I had given up on it, filed it away some place . . . and 2 years later . . . I get this phone call . . . where a slush-reader had liked the story, had not been able to convince the powers-that-be, had saved the story and now that she was working at a different publishing house and was one of the powers-that-be herself (Thank You Tracy!) . . . well, that's my story.


. . . 


and here's a little article I enjoyed reading: The Dot and Ish by Peter H. Reynolds


. . .



No comments:

Post a Comment