Thursday, July 12, 2012

He saw it, he loved it, he ate it.



"Once a little boy sent me a charming card with a little drawing on it. I loved it. I answer all my children’s letters, sometimes very hastily, but this one I lingered over. I sent him a card and I drew a picture of a Wild Thing on it. I wrote, 'Dear Jim: I loved your card.' Then I got a letter back from his mother, and she said, 'Jim loved your card so much he ate it.' That to me was one of the highest compliments I’ve ever received. . . . He saw it, he loved it, he ate it." -Maurice Sendak in an interview on NPR's "Fresh Air"


. . .


Yesterday I was listening to a DNTO podcast with an interesting talk to Marc Kuly of the  Storytelling Classroom, and that's just one of the interviews in What is the Real Power of Story?


. . .


Be sure to check out Rob Sanders' final segment in his interview with Frances Gilbert, Editorial Director at Doubleday Children’s Books, Random House at Picture This!


. . .


No comments:

Post a Comment