Sunday, July 1, 2012


In 1993 I had my first picture book published (Rabbit Surprise, Crown, illustrated by Dominic Catalano, editor Tracy Gates) . . . but I was too shy and had a romantic (but misdirected) notion of art and humility . . . so I failed to promote the book  . . . and, of course,  my picture book ‘career’ faded into obscurity . . . In 2006 I self-published a book of haiga (haiku and photographs) and did book-talks and interviews, workshops for children and photo-gallery exhibitions . . . and most importantly . . . I have come to  understand the extreme importance and necessity of an author to promote themselves and their books.
 I can’t stress this enough: Promote, Promote, Promote!
Perhaps that’s why the title of this little article (by Dorothy Thompson.) caught my attention:
Are You Prepared to be an Author? . . . well, are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment