Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Storytelling Stuff


“I believe that a good children's book should appeal to all people who have not completely lost their original joy and wonder in life. The fact is that I don't make books for children at all. I make them for that part of us, of myself and of my friends, which has never changed, which is still a child.”  ― Leo Lionni
. . .


I just listened to an interview with storyteller Donna Washington onThe Art of Storytelling podcast, she explains her views on age-appropriateness for scary stories, as well as a good explanation on one of the roles of repetition in children's stories: The Anatomy of a Ghost Story


and I enjoyed listening to Donna so much that I searched her out on youtube, lots of entertaining performances to watch. Here's a good example:





. . .
Also be sure to check out the next installment of Rob Sanders' interview with Frances Gilbert at Picture This.

No comments:

Post a Comment